Lister - 37366
S.G.L.R. No.10 - Built in 1951 by R & A Lister & Co Ltd of Dursley, Gloucestershire, works number 37366, this was originally a petrol-engined locomotive. It worked for the Keymer Brick & Tile Co Ltd of Maidenhead in Sussex, which operated a 1’6" gauge line at their works until 1965. After closure of the line, the loco, by now fitted with a diesel engine, was sold in 1966 to dealers M.E. Engineering of Cricklewood, who re-gauged it to 2'0” and resold it in the same year to the Boothby & Penicuik Peat Co of Hethersgill, Cumbria. This concern was taken over by Robert Sinclair Horticulture Ltd in 1996 and in 1998 they exchanged it for another locomotive with dealer Alan Keef of Ross-on-Wye. Keef in turn disposed of it to Brian Gent, proprietor of F.M.B. Engineering in Hampshire, another dealer in narrow-gauge railway equipment. Brian then resold it to a consortium of three S.G.L.R. members and it arrived in Derbyshire in 22 July 1998 in a dismantled state. It now belongs to a single S.G.L.R. member, who has completed the conversion back to 1’6” gauge and is slowly reassembling the loco. It has never been at the railway; it has been stored off-site for the last twenty-one years. Photo courtesy of Cliff Shepherd.